Job Description: SOC Analyst II
We are currently seeking a SOC Analyst to join our team. The candidate for this position must love diverse technologies and IT-related infrastructure and have a curious, investigative mindset.
Essential Job Responsibilities: Primary
- Handle security events: IDS alarm, malware (alerting, not triage), account misuse, network security events, etc.
- Able to effectively weed out false positives and make decisions on triage steps.
- Assist in creating new processes and automation for Level 1, 2, and 3 events.
- Analyze risk alarms and events for customers.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with service-level agreements across clientele.
- Understand and be able to use an SIEM for event investigation.
- Keep up on the latest security news and events and effectively communicate them to the team members.
- A willingness to learn and enthusiasm about their future in security.
- Experience with ethical hacking and be able to think like a hacker.
Necessary Soft Skills:
- Ability to read and understand written English
- Ability to clearly communicate on the phone and through e-mail/ticket updates.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Good customer service skills.
Note: this job requires you to speak to clients throughout the day; please remember when applying
- UTM Firewalls (Fortinet a plus)
- EDR / XDR Platforms
- SOAR Platform
- SIEM Platforms
Certifications (Preferred but not required)
- Timely response to emails, phone calls, and voicemails
- Be open to last-minute items on your schedule and task list that were not planned.
- Be very open to change.
- Good, strong work ethic.
- Participation in on-call rotation for critical escalations during off-hours
- At least two years of related experience in Cyber Security or SOC Operation
Base Salary of $65,000
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Six days (48 hours) of personal time.
- Cost-free participation in the company health plan.
- The plan covers medical and dental benefits for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid long-term disability and $25,000 group life insurance policy
- Option: Employee Paid voluntary participation in the vision plan
- Option: Employee Paid voluntary participation through Principal for term life insurance
- Monthly contributions to employee Health Savings Account – Family Plan Coverage equates to $217 per company policy, subject to change with notification.
- Consideration to work remotely two days per week per the company policy manual.
Secure Cyber Defense offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Secure Cyber Defense is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. Secure Cyber Defense complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Those who apply must have US Citizenship. In addition, each candidate must pass a background check.